Fixing the trampoline, again.

Quite some time ago we had some gales and the trampoline was blown across the garden.  It was pretty badly wrecked but I patched it together again.  Unfortunately the patching wasn’t quite good enough and it kept falling apart.  I’d regularly spend days fixing it again and it would just break again.  I finallu decided enough was enough.  I decided to fix it one last time and if it broke again then it was going into the bin.  So this fix had to be a good one…

I took out the metal ummm things that held up the netting and drilled holes in them so that I could drive a screw through them and properly fix them to the uprights.

The finished product.  I had to use tie wraps to connect the netting back up with the screwed metal things but it’s going to stay up!  The thing about TP Toys trampolines is that they’re built for easy erection rather than long term use.  The system of holding up the metal things is shockingly bad, the top of the netting wears through in no time and the studs for keeping the uprights vertical are simply shit.

First attempt at glass cutting

Cutting small pieces is a piece of cake. But whenever I try to cut a big piece it breaks more or less in the right place but with jaggedy bits. So it looks a bit rubbish but at least my greenhouse is now complete with the old wonky bits removed